Capital market-relevant press releases, 2005-02-14, 01:00 AM
ThyssenKrupp in 1st quarter 2004/2005:
Very good start to new fiscal year
Earnings at 473 million euros almost tripled
Objective for 2004/2005 to surpass the very good prior-year level
ThyssenKrupp made a good start to the new fiscal year. In a generally favorable economic environment, demand for products and services from ThyssenKrupp increased significantly. Order intake and sales showed strong growth. The Group`s income from continuing operations before taxes and minority interest almost tripled and reached 473 million euros in the 1st quarter 2004/2005 compared with 168 million euros in the corresponding prior-year period.
The highlights for the first three months of fiscal year 2004/2005 were as follows:
- Order intake increased to 10.9 billion euros, up 17% from the same quarter a year earlier.
- Sales were 10.1 billion euros, up 20% from a year earlier.
- EBITDA increased by 299 million euros to 868 million euros.
- Income from continuing operations before taxes and minority interest reached 473 million euros, compared with 168 million euros in the 1st quarter the year before.
- Earnings per share from continuing operations amounted to 0.53 euros, compared with 0.19 euros a year earlier.
- The Group`s net financial payables amounted to 3,573 million euros at December 31, 2004, 740 million euros more than on September 30, 2004 and 980 million euros less than on December 31, 2003.
Prof. Dr. Ekkehard Schulz, Executive Board Chairman of ThyssenKrupp AG: "We expect the encouraging business performance to continue on the whole in the further course of the year. For the full year we plan sales in the magnitude of just over 41 billion euros. This figure does not include portfolio changes. In terms of earnings before taxes, excluding the effects of major disposals and restructuring measures, we aim to surpass the very good level of 2003/2004."
The full interim report is available in German and English online and downloadable versions at http://www.thyssenkrupp.com.
Dr. Jürgen Claassen
Corporate Communications, Strategy, and Executive Affairs
Telephone +49 211 824-36001
Fax +49 211 824-36005