- AOD converter
- Converter in which argon and oxygen are blown in to reduce the carbon content of the steel (AOD = Argon Oxygen Decarburization).
- Average collection period
- Trade accounts receivable divided by sales, multiplied by 360 (the lower the ratio, the faster customers pay).
- Best owner
- New owner of a (part) company offering the best opportunity to develop the activities.
- Business Area
- Our continuing operations are organized in six business areas: Components Technology, Elevator Technology, Industrial Solutions, Materials Services and Steel Europe. They are organized into operating units and Group companies operating independently on the market. As of September 30, 2012 the business area Steel Americas is classified as a discontinued operation under IFRS.
- Business continuity plan
- Plans to maintain operations under difficult external conditions.
- Capital employed
- Interest-bearing invested capital
- Corrosion protection for carbon steel by the application of a metallic or organic coating.
- Adherence to laws and company policies
- Corporate governance
- Designation in international parlance for company management and company controlling focused on responsible, long-term value creation.
- Cost of capital
- Strategically defined minimum return required by capital providers.
- Cross selling
- Selling additional related products or services to an existing customer.
- Deutscher Aktien-Index (German Stock Index), compiled by Deutsche Börse. The index reflects the performance of the 30 largest and strongest-selling German stocks, including thyssenkrupp stock.
- Financial instruments whose value is derived from or dependent on the price movement of an underlying asset (e.g. currency, interest, commodities).
- Declaration of Conformity
- Declaration by Executive Board and Supervisory Board in accordance with Art. 161 Stock Corporation Act (AktG) on the implementation of the recommendations of the Government Commission on the German Corporate Governance Code.
- Earnings before interest, taxes
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization
- Earnings before taxes
- Emerging markets
- Up and coming markets of Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe
- Purchasing materials using modern electronic media, particularly the internet.
- Equity ratio
- Ratio of total equity to balance sheet total (the higher the ratio, the lower the indebtedness)
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Fair disclosure
- Equal treatment of all stockholders and major stakeholder groups of an exchange-listed company with regard to the timing of disclosure and the scope of information provided
- First-stage processing
- Initial processing of materials in service centers (e.g. blanking, surface treatment)
- Free cash flow (before dividend)
- Operating cash flows less cash flows from investing activities
- Ratio of financial liabilities to total equity (the lower the ratio, the higher the share of total equity in the interest-bearing capital employed)
- Gross income
- Net sales less cost of sales
- Internal financing capability
- Ratio of operating cash flows to cash flows from investing activities
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- The standard international accounting rules are intended to make company data more comparable. Under an EU resolution, accounting and reporting at exchange-listed companies must be done in accordance with these rules.
- Inventory turnover
- Inventories divided by sales, multiplied by 360 (the lower the ratio, the faster the inventory turnover)
- Mid Term Incentive Plan (MTI)
- Mid-term variable compensation for Executive Board members and other selected executives through stock rights.
- Reusable die for casting slabs from metals and alloys.
- Operating cash flow
- Increase/decrease in cash and cash equivalents outside of investing, disposal or financing avtivities.
- Ratings are used to assess the future ability of a company to meet its payment obligations on time and in full. They are based on an analysis of quantitative and qualitative factors, including an evaluation of the company's business and financial risk profile.
- Risk management
- Early identification, assessment, reporting and management of major risks to a company.
- Return on capital employed
- Compact block of crude steel as starting product for sheet or strip.
- Supply chain management
- Integrated planning, control and monitoring of all logistics activities in a supply chain.
- Tailored blank
- Metal blank comprising individual steel sheets of different grade, gauge and finish which are welded together and are suitable for deep drawing.
- thyssenkrupp best
- Program to improve efficiency in all areas of the company. Best stands for "business excellence in service and technology".
- thyssenkrupp PLuS
- Groupwide program of measures to realize positive earnings and liquidity effects and sustainably improve performance.
- thyssenkrupp Value Added (TKVA)
- Central indicator for value-based management, comparing earnings before taxes and interest with cost of capital.
- Thin steel sheet for the packaging industry electrolytically coated with tin or chromium.
- VOD converter
- Converter for the production of high-purity stainless steel grades by the vacuum oxygen decarburization process.